Friday, October 12, 2012


Choice 4: Exodus 14. Crossing the Red Sea
I wrote my choice on my blog at http://scottandkylieyeates.blogspot.com/.  I chose to do this assignment because I am interested in the miracles seen by the Israelites.  The best thing about this assignment is that I learned some cool things I didn’t know.  I wish I could learn more detail about it. 
Exodus 14:19-30
1 Corinthians 10:1-4
Explain in writing how the children of Israel were symbolically saved by water and fire.
As the Israelites were leaving Egypt Pharaoh’s heart was hardened again.  Pharaoh decided to go after the Israelites and kill them all.  God was with the Israelites to protect them.  There was a cloud that showed light to the Israelites but darkness to the Egyptians.  This cloud brought down fire that separated the Israelites from the Egyptians.  The Israelites were able to cross the Red Sea by the Lord departing them through Moses.    The Israelites traveled through the Red Sea with a wall of water on each side of them.  When the Egyptians came after them in the Sea the Lord made the water fall back into place.  Not one of the Egyptians survived.  The Israelites were saved through these miracles.  The water and fire represents the Israelites being baptized through water and receiving the holy ghost by fire.       

No comments:

Post a Comment