Friday, February 1, 2013


Queen Vashti did not want to parade her beauty around a bunch of drunk people.  She refused to obey a direct summon from the king.  Women at that time were expected to obey men.  (Esther 1: 1-12)  The men at the banquet did not want their women rising up against them so they had the King get rid of queen Vashti. They didn’t want anyone disobeying the King.  (Esther 1:19)

Mordecai was Esther’s uncle.  After Esther’s parents died, Mordecai raised her.  (Esther 2:5-8)  Mordecai reported an assassination plot against the King to Esther.  (Esther 2:21-23)  Mordecai did not bow to Haman.  He did not break the first commandment which is idolatry.  (Esther 3:1-6)      

Esther was a courageous woman.  Esther beauty was a gift from God.  She was put into a position where she could gain favor with the King and save her people.  She knew her life was on the line (Esther 4:11-16) There is no doubt that God had his hand in this situation.  Esther, through fasting, faith, and courage, had saved a nation. 

All three of these people showed great courage in doing what is right.  I want to have courage to stand for truth and righteousness.  Through Heavenly Father I can face whatever comes my way.  I don’t have to be afraid to follow in righteousness because I will be protected by God.  Those that are wicked are the ones who need to be afraid.  These three showed that they followed God in righteousness.  They all three did not fall into the devils temptation.  I hope that through my life I can act as these three did.          

No comments:

Post a Comment